8.31.2010

Andaz San Diego, Hyatt: Fun in the Sun

Andaz San Diego rooftop bar.


Andaz San Diego rooftop lounge.
private-ish poolside lounge area.
rooftop lounge with living wall partition.
I traveled to San Diego for work recently and Mr. Monkey flew in for the weekend to visit family. Along the way I learned that I was eligible for a Hyatt perk and so looked to San Diego to cash them in. I had to look no further once I discovered Andaz, San Diego. Once we got there we were upgraded. I'll place those pics in a separate post. The funny thing about this rooftop bar.lounge.pool area is that once a month it turns into the Skin Zone. I mean they didn't call it that but I did. Mr. Monkey and I sat back, me in my 10 dollar bikini top and 15 dollar skirt and Mr. Monkey in his shorts that were totally in style in 1991 (from a lost and found pile) and we had a couple drinks and soaked it all in - the sun, the skin, the bathing suits that were being worn that were never meant to get wet except for a touch of sweat here and there. It was the appeal of the rooftop pool that convinced me to stay here. Ah imagine the piece and quiet - did I mention the DJ? I think I forgot that. It was so loud it almost bumped the memory from my mind. There was a DJ and it was 4pm in the afternoon on Sunday and the place was bumpin' and grindin' with fake boobs, tans, hair, maybe even muscles - all glittering in the summer Sunday afternoon sun. Ahh, seeing late 20 somethings prance in string bikinis and 5 inch stilettos in front of the 40 somethings trying to look like 20 somethings made me glad for the cultural (using that term liberally here) experience and glad to come home to Oregon where our DJs play from boom boxes next to a sweet shady swimming holes or in the backyard while everyone wanders through the vegetable garden. Needless to say the pictures here were taken the morning after when the party had shut down. We wandered over to the Mission for breakfast where I saw some dude with Coolio hair and I said to Mr. Monkey in my southern california girl talk, "Dude who does that guy think he is, only Coolio can F*ckin get away with that hair. Sh*t man, that brother has some serious balls." Only to hear the table next to us say, "Oh my good is that Coolio, dude it's Coolio, let's go get our picture taken!" Just another morning in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment