9.05.2008

Found, Eames Rocker!

   
So you may recall not too long ago I had some issues with Craigslist. Not because it's not a great service. Really the problem was me and my lack of sales skills (read posts here and here). So I've determined that I'm much better at buying off of Craigslist. I went back my to my old ways - and I think I had quite a score. Ta dah! Yup that's right - an Eames rocker! on Eugene's craigslist! Crazy I know. Before you start looking at our craigslist even though you're over in Missouri or Illinois you should know it is a Modernica. And technically I can't use the Eames name because it hasn't been properly licensed but apparently it's made from originals molds. You can read about it in Dwell letters to the editor in recent issues. There's a debate but as far as I'm concerned the debate ends when you find one that is in your price range and you love the color and it fits the space your working with. Now the only glitch here is that I had no designated space - the color and the price were right and I figured the space would present itself. Stay tuned for the placing ceremony . . .

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Love the chair... it matches my nursery perfect! Can you give more info about it so I can try to find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eugene modern monkeyJuly 13, 2009 at 10:45 AM

    Hi Nani,
    You can go to the Modernica website and create your own chair - they run about $375.00. Click on the link above in the text. You might be able to find one on Ebay.They are also available through Design within Reach - the holders of the license to use the Eames name. The difference is in the texture and materials. The DWR is molded plastic and the Modernica is molded fiber glass. http://modernica.net/index.phptarget=pages&page_id=fiberglass_recycling
    I guess it's even recyclable. Let me know if you have any questions. It's sitting in our living room and recently guests took turns sitting in it! It's a fun chair. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete