9.16.2010

Frank Lloyd Wright's Gordon House in Oregon


On a gloomy muggy day here I'm trying to ignore the piles of paper pounding on my mental door I'm traveling back in time to a more carefree month - August! It wasn't that long ago when Mr. Monkey and I with other modern monkey friends headed to the only Frank Lloyd Wright house open to the public in the PNW (pacific northwest). The event is a "Taste of FLW" which kinda grosses me out because I think of some cadaver tasting but I get it - local food and wine brought to you on the grounds of the FLW Gordon House. Around here we do often hear "Taste of Eugene" or "Taste of Portland" both are great fund-raisers and culinary carousels for the mouth. But I just think it's weird to have the name of a man after the words "taste of". Despite the zombie title the event was not stiff. It was a fund raiser for the up keep of the house and the food was great. Above you can see the view from the front of the house, that's the front door and the inside of the house, that's the view from the bathroom. Below are some pics of the bathroom. I love the built in wooden track for the shower curtain. At first I didn't even notice the shower head. All the molding on the windows is supposed to refer to a guitar neck and frets.  Next up the kitchen . . . 
  

2 comments:

  1. hi! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments. it has allowed me to find your fabulous blog. oregon must be so completely beautiful, i've never been. it's a must one day though. ;) loving the tour of this home, especially that bathroom. i adore the tone of the wood. i'll be back often!! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing! It is pretty nice here. The air is fresh, crisp, and everything is pretty green because of all the rain. It's a lovely place with a lot of great creative people. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete