3.10.2009

Living Modern in Boston



Greetings Friends. Well I've been on the road like Willie but instead of a bio-diesel bus I've been in boxy hotel rooms. The one I'm in now is spacious but gaudy - it's going for ancient Italy but it's capturing an "Off-the-strip" Vegas version of Italy - yes, it's that bad. Needless to say I won't be highlighting my current crash pad here at Eugene Modern Monkey. Instead I have a highlight for you from my recent trip to Boston. I was left out of the conference hotels - Westin, Sheraton, and the Marriott. I registered too late and was forced to find a room close by. Boy was I ever thrilled! Here are some pictures from my luxurious accommodations at the Copley Square Hotel
The back story: The hotel has been recently remodeled and just reopened in February after a year long 17 million dollar renovation. Let's just say it was worth it. Some aspects of the hotel are still a work in progress - their restaurant was not yet open but that meant they were offering a complementary breakfast. Another perk - in the evenings from 5 - 6pm the have "wine hour" in the living room like lobby. As for the rooms I had an especially spacious one with this comfy chaise lounge. Overall I loved their use of patterns in the rooms. Even though the room was an array of shades of gray it felt light and airy. The floor to ceiling curtains were a great touch and the layering of patterns gave the room a rich feel and was not overwhelming at all due to the same color palette.  I'd like to work on the layering of patterns in our modern monkey cottage. In time . . . once my plane lands back home and rests there awhile I'll share with you all the updates that Mr. Monkey has installed in the front yard.  If you're in Boston check out the Copley and even if your house does not embody modernism in every inch you can catch some inspiration by visiting this small hotel with smart and chic design! 

No comments:

Post a Comment