11.26.2008

Cheap Thrift Store Find: Retro Pencil Sharpener



I'm not really sure what to write about this. So I'll start at the beginning . . . I went to the Thrift store, I was looking for something entirely different when I saw this faux bois pencil sharpener. It did not have batteries in it and was therefore a risk. What if when I got it home and energized it and it didn't work? For 2 bucks I thought I could afford the risk - and worth it, it was indeed. I also love the concentric flower pattern on top and the "PRESS FIRMLY" font. Really it's unfair to all those people in the world who spend way too much money on items that only leave them feeling empty inside afterwards. I love this pencil sharpener and it brightens up my work day. Since it is thanksgiving - cheers to the little (cheap) things in life that give us joy. Cheers to modern simplicity! Oh yeah, and family, and friends, and all that too. But that's for some other blog to mull over. Here it's about the semi-frivolous but integral to our spirit - so-not-so frivolous theme of modern living. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment